JOB TITLE: Planner/ Senior Planner
JOB FAMILY/SUB-FUNCTION: Planning
FUNCTIONAL REPORTS TO (Title): PD
REPORTS TO (Title): APD
DEPARTMENT (name): Planning
BAND: HumanCare / Social Commerce
The planner plays a key role in
• Actively lead and involve in new business and brand strategy pitching;
• Formulate a clear hypothesis and recommend methods based on both formal and informal research.
• Visualize creative thinking to transform an idea or concept into a coherent output.
• Identify interesting patterns from diverse sources to create added value.
• Contribute and deliver incremental value to a presentation for a client.
CORE COMPETENCIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Understand the client:
• Ensure successful delivery of client projects
• Build client presentations which succinctly, but effectively tell the consumer story, and appropriately position projects for long-term success.
• Conduct competitive landscape assessments that influence the client’s business.
• Assist senior strategy staff in planning client meetings and workshops while capturing any insights gained.
• Monitor social, cultural, and technological trends along with their impact on consumers’ attitudes and behaviors.
• Develop strategies around current trends and engagement tactics uncovering deep organizational, media, and audience insights.
• Synthesize qualitative and quantitative data from available sources to provide strategic implications and creative inspiration.
• Conduct and support primary and secondary research.
• Attend vendor presentations and share best practices with your team.
• Partner with Business Leadership and Creative teams to uncover needs and build solutions that deliver and exceed client expectations.
• Work closely with internal account teams to understand business challenges and identify strategic marketing needs.
• Build relationships with internal groups to better understand key roles and functions within the network.
Deliver top results
• Support senior planner on award submissions
• Develop focused, insightful, and inspiring briefs and content models.
• Scour culture for new uses of technology, data, and design to weave innovative thinking into strategic work.
• Assist in-depth business reporting and comprehensive advertising/marketing analyses.
• Work with Business Leadership teams to research new opportunities for growth of client’s business.
SCOPE AND IMPACT OF JOB
Responsible for the planning deliverables of HumanCare and Social Commerce, which contributes in new business win and client satifactation
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor or above degree in any area as long as working experience reflects communication/marketing knowledge
• 2-4 years or above experience in advertising agency, PR agency, market research agency or client side;
• Proven expertise in helping brand build solid brand and digital strategy
• Experience in digital/social is must;
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
• Eager to learn new knowledge, passionate to grow new expertise
• Open-minded and team-player
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
• Proficiency in English and Mandarin (both written and oral, able to convincingly write and present strategic plans and presentations);
• Skills in tools like PowerPoint, Keynote, etc. to build compelling presentations
1. Client satisfaction of the strategy works
2. Numbers of the new business pitched
3. Participation and delivery of thought-leadership